Okay, maybe not the President, but the President of Peace First. More information here.
“This is a key position during a time of excitement and possibility for Peace First, providing high-level administrative support and assistance to the President. The Special Assistant provides confidential administrative support, serving as the gatekeeper and primary point of contact for internal and external communications, as well as the “glue” between the President and the rest of Peace First.
The ideal candidate will possess a number of important qualities including exemplary organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to multi-task and respond appropriately to rapidly changing priorities and strong interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with a broad range of internal and external audiences. The candidate will be an excellent communicator (both oral and written), possess a proactive, sophisticated, and detail-oriented work-ethic, and a commitment to producing high-quality work at a fast pace. This is a demanding position that requires somebody with patience and an exacting attention to detail.
Additional qualifications include: personal alignment with Peace First’s mission and values; a customer service orientation, an ability to work both with a team and independently; a forward-thinking approach that actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions; and an ability to thrive in the fast-paced and flexible environment of an entrepreneurial organization building a movement of youth peacemakers.
Planning, Organization, and Integration:
- Manage systems to keep the President organized (both paper and electronic systems) including maintaining systems of communication, calendar scheduling, filing, contact/correspondence records, Salesforce, etc.
- Support and manage President’s strategic connection to Peace First staff, meetings and activities (communication, follow-through on requests, organizational calendar, and representation at meetings).
- Manage and prioritize flow of incoming and outgoing communication (eg sorting and prioritizing email, requests, calls).
- Support communication and coordination with the Board of Directors, including managing logistics for meetings (scheduling, preparing materials, editing PowerPoint presentations, technology, etc.).
- Organize and manage to-do’s for President.
- Provide support and follow-up for internal and external meetings.
Scheduling and Travel:
- Schedule the President’s time to align with Peace First’s strategic priorities.
- Handle all requests for meetings and speaking engagements: scheduling, redirecting, and communicating as needed.
- Trip management (securing meetings, preparing materials, arranging travel and organizing logistics both in advance and with last minute day of changes).
- Prepare and manage monthly expense reports and reimbursement forms.
- Provide scheduling support for the COO.
- Write and “ghost-write” correspondence, presentations, and other documents to a consistent and high quality.
- Prepare internal communications such as updates and memos from the President and other members of senior team.
- Anticipate, research, and prepare documents for meetings.
- Exemplify the Peace First culture by welcoming guests and visitors courteously, professionally, and warmly.
- Assist with daily tasks including ordering/picking up lunches, ordering taxis for visitors, and general office needs.
- Support and contribute to special projects as needed including research and event support.
- Two to four years of experience providing effective administrative support in a professional and fast-pace setting.
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated with internal and external clients.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to meet shifting deadlines with a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Independent worker and self-starter.
- Patience, flexibility and adaptability – ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes in logistics or needs.
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google-based applications, and Salesforce highly desired.
- BA or equivalent is preferred.”