The Aspen Institute The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute has campuses in Aspen, Colorado, and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also maintains offices in New York City and has an international network of partners.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBS can help lift countries out of poverty. ANDE is a policy program of the Aspen Institute.
Are you passionate about the power of entrepreneurship to drive positive social and environmental impact? Want to learn more about impact investing or market-based approaches to international development? Join ANDE this summer to support our network of 200+ members supporting small and growing businesses in the developing world. ANDE is seeking 2 interns to join the team from late May – August.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interns will provide general support for our ongoing initiatives.
- Networking events and workshops.
- Lead research projects that will culminate in a final report or presentation.
Past intern projects have included research into the landscape of SGB investing, the development of ANDE’s case study series, and launching a salary survey for the field. We are a small staff, with an entrepreneurial culture; interns must be able to both take the lead in developing a meaningful project and support ANDE staff in other ongoing projects.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Experience in OF knowledge or international development.
- Strong communication skills: excellent writer, public speaker, data visualizer, etc.
- Analytical thinker, able to synthesize data and information
- Able to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in or knowledge or international development, social enterprise, impact investing, or other related field
- Detail-oriented and rigorous
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume here. If you are having difficulties with the uploading portion of the application process please try using the escape key to exit the screen. Your document should safely upload.
For technical difficulties during the application process please contact the Applicant Support Team at 1-866-927-2472.