Bruce Brumberg P ’17, would like you to know about this incredible opportunity with Tenacity. Tenacity is an organization that seeks to improve the scholastic, character and physical development of urban youth by combining tennis instruction and academic support with a focus on life skills. From their website:
A new AmeriCorps Grant leads Tenacity to seek a total of 28 great members. Might you be one?
Tenacity’s one-year service opportunity leading to rich experience in youth development, whole child education philosophy, urban issues, ed reform and your personal/professional development awaits.
This deep and meaningful experience starts with robust training in August leading to service in Tenacity’s Middle School Academy and culminates with leadership opportunities in Tenacity’s Summer Tennis and Reading Program. Throughout the experience you will receive on-going training, thorough and supportive supervision, and the opportunity to make a great difference in the lives of underserved youth.
Do you possess these qualities and skills? If so, we are seeking you!
- Trustworthiness, high energy, integrity, flexibility, presence
- Ability to be self-directed, initiative-taking and organized
- Experience in youth development and a passion for working with youth
- Collaborative team experience
- Proficiency in written communication, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in other languages (especially Spanish) is a plus
- Tennis and physical education experience is not required, but appreciation of the mind/body, whole child, approach is.
Overview of Tenacity Fellows Compensation and Benefits:
- Living Stipend (taxable): $15,000 per year divided into two monthly installments
- Access to health coverage
- Generous time-off package
- An education award of $5,645 upon successful completion of the service year (1700 hours)
- Forbearance (deferment plus interest reimbursement) for eligible federal student loans
- AmeriCorps sponsored child care benefit available
- Monthly Metropolitan Boston Transit Authority Pass (T Pass)
How about It? Apply ASAP by:
Sending a cover letter and resume to: Apply2BFellow@tenacity.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.