On Thursday, April 24, 4-5pm Eastern Time, Unite For Sight’s Global Health University will host a “Tools for Responsible Engagement” webinar. The webinar will include guidance and advice from five panelists, as well as ample opportunity to ask the speakers questions about responsible global engagement for students and professionals. Learn about the complexities of international work, the critical aspects of cultural competency and respecting local communities and professionals, and ethical considerations of participating abroad. This webinar is ideal for students and professionals interested in global health, as well as university advisors and faculty.
Registration: Attendance at the free webinar on April 24th requires advanced registration by April 22nd. Please RSVP athttp://slate.uniteforsight.org/register/globalengagement, and you will thereafter receive participation instructions by email, as well as an opportunity to submit your questions for the panelists.
The expert webinar panelists include:
- Ned Breslin, CEO, Water For People
- Michael Fairbanks, Fellow, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University
- Tricia Morente, COO, Kangu
- Natacha Poggio, Assistant Professor, Visual Communication Design, Hartford Art School, University of Hartford; Founder, Design Global Change
- Aron Rose, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine; Associate Clinical Professor, Graduate Entry Prespecialty in Nursing, Yale University School of Nursing