The Jewett Center for Community Partnerships is looking to hire federal work-study students to work directly with local community organizations and groups.
Apply on Handshake for these positions here: https://wesleyan.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3951765
Seeking students with experience in any of these areas:
· Graphic design
· Program development
· Creative Writing
· Marketing / Promotions
· Data analysis
· Grant writing
· Social media
· Non-Profit administration
Seeking students to help in any of these positions:
· Graphic Design & Website Manager: This is an important position for a student with web design and graphic design skills. Updating and improving the website, designing virtual posters and flyers, helping us to make our website more up-to-date and user-friendly. Approximately 6 hours per week.
· Social Media Coordinator/Publicist: Again, about 6 hours per week. This person will help us promote classes, productions, events, news and other opportunities through social media and media websites and other virtual marketing opportunities. Skills needed include comfort with Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube; willingness to make calls/send emails, research/follow up on marketing opportunities; good writing skills; reliability and attention to detail & deadlines.
· Assistant to the Managing Director: Assist with fundraising and development, including donor management and donor relations, proofreading, mailmerge, and grant research. 6 hours/week.
· Assistant to the Executive Artistic Director: This person needs to be creative, have good writing skills, be willing to do research, and to take on special projects and odd jobs to assist the Executive Artistic Director. Needs to be able both to take initiative and follow instructions. 6 hours/week.
· Virtual Program Assistants/Tech support: This is still blurry and will come into play if and when we go onto a mostly virtual platforms. If we are teaching mostly virtual classes later this fall or winter, we could use teaching assistants for classes, as well as technical support for teaching artists working on virtual platforms.