Jacob Eichengreen ’13 with Venture for America wrote to tell us about his startup incubator, Progression Lab. This is the next iteration of the project Josh Levine ’12 told us about last spring. Applications for the January-April funding round and incubator program are due November 14, so this notice is mostly for alumni (since students probably won’t be ditching spring semester to head to Vegas). We’ll be sure to post again when applications for the summer round open.
ProgressionLabs invests in passionate doers seized by outrageously ambitious ideas that keep them up at night. It’s no secret that raising money and starting a company can be back-and-spirit-breaking. We feel your pain, and we share your vision and think there’s a better way to achieve it. That’s why we’re putting the tools of a flourishing community of entrepreneurs in your hands so you can transform your idea into a company that’s ready for the next level of investment.
Downtown Las Vegas is fertile ground for entrepreneurs. This city is a startup and our community is an incubator. We are nurturing companies bound together by their potential as disrupters, their relentless focus on execution, and their dedication to company culture. If you’re serious about realizing your vision, you should be here. Let’s make it easy: $20,000 in funding, $5,000 to cover rent and office expenses, three months, and a host of learning opportunities.
We are looking for people who:
- Think about big problems and scalable solutions
- Work collaboratively
- Produce results fast
- Contribute to the economic diversification of Downtown Las Vegas
- Are new to the challenge of building a company
How does the downtown Las Vegas community accelerate your company?
After you close your $20,000 seed investment, you will take part in Progression Lab, a 3month residential immersion program in Downtown Vegas. You will live, work, and play alongside dozens of startups in the technology and design spaces while immersed in an open-source playground of entrepreneurship.
- The Work In Progress coworking space provides startups tools, such as a growing mentor network, practice pitch events, workshops, and professional resources.
- Tech Cocktail’s monthly Tech Week brings together thought-leaders from around the country to coach startups, share their experiences, and host startup showcases.
- The Downtown Speaker Series brings superstars to your neighborhood to help you think boldly.
We provide a robust framework for accelerating the following three critical components of the startup process and you provide the energy and creativity to cultivate your vision:
- Forge critical relationships to thrive as entrepreneurs: By encouraging collaboration between similarly-motivated individuals and groups, we aim to see teams form, grow, and evolve.
- Hone your vision and become its storyteller: Through access to community dinners, thought-provoking speaker series on topics such as legal basics and UX/UI, and Lean workshops, and hackathons, you will learn, teach, iterate, and have breakthroughs. Downtown will make you and your company smarter.
- Build a launchpad: We want to help you build out a rock-solid MVP, so you can raise more money. At the end of the program, you’ll share your creation with a group of forward-thinking, top-tier investors, and industry leaders.