Ashoka U is looking for fun, dedicated, innovative summer interns to work in the Ashoka Global office. We seek full-time interns (40 hours per week) for a minimum duration of 10 weeks. Applications are open on a rolling basis through April 15, 2014.
Ashoka U interns join the five Ashoka U staff as key members of the Ashoka U team. They will work closely with the team and have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative group environment.
In addition, interns have responsibility for a specific project. Previous years, projects have included: developing PR and marketing plan for the Ashoka U Exchange, developing content for students at the Ashoka U Exchange, working on developing partnership opportunities for students to work with Ashoka Fellows, fundraising research and opportunity spotting, and designing and implementing a census for social innovation in higher education. Interns spend approximately 70% of their time on individual projects, 20% of time on Ashoka U team projects, and 10% of time on Ashoka-wide collaborations.
Interns will be located in the Ashoka Global Office in Arlington, VA (although we are willing to consider a virtual role). Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial compensation for internships.
Are you a good fit for Ashoka U? For all Ashoka U internship roles, we hope the following describes you:
- Passion for and knowledge of higher education and social entrepreneurship
- Excellent writer (please carefully proof-read your materials before sending!)
- Dedicated focus on execution, while highly detail-oriented and committed to excellence
- Empathetic and effective relationship-builder with a deep understanding of the high-value of social capital
- A good listener who is humble and eager to learn
- A dedicated team player, who will be resourceful and do what it takes to get any job done well
- Previous office or professional experience preferred
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in higher education
- Three specific questions you have about Ashoka U
Please send your materials to Beeta Ansari, Exchange Director, at email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Unfortunately, we are not able to contact all applicants, but if we would like to invite you for an interview, we will contact you within one week of your application submission. For more information about the sorts of work that interns do, click here to download a list of our fall internship roles from the Fall of 2013.