Narativ seeks an intern to focus on business administration, research and marketing tasks to work 8 to 16 hours / week beginning as soon as they are available.
We are looking for people with the following characteristics:
• Self-starter: You can take a task from start to ﬁnish, staging and prioritizing the work, and knowing when and how to ask for help.
• Adept storyteller: You see the value of Narativ for yourself; you want to expand listening and storytelling in your own life.
• Dual focus on big picture and small details: Before a project is complete, you like to check your work to prevent errors; getting small things right is a point of pride for you.
In addition to the 12 Narativ principles, which guide our business practice:
• We bring contractors into the Narativ business circle for a mutually beneﬁcial learning experience.
• We open our business processes, our knowledge and our experience to our assistants to work together in a way that is shared, honest, and collaborative.
• We provide tasks that are vital to the business, with supervision and support to enable our assistants and ourselves to have fun, to succeed, and to prosper.
In order to work together in a circle of mutual support and learning, to expand and connect people around the world through listening and telling personal stories:
• We expect you to work with us in a spirit of open and honest collaboration.That means telling us what you need to succeed in the tasks assigned to you.
• We ask you to be on time, to focus only on Narativ work when you are in the Narativ ofﬁce or working outside the ofﬁce on Narativ tasks (except for emergencies of course), and to turn off phones, IMs, and other distractions during all Narativ meetings.
• We invite you to bring your knowledge, experience, hope and vision to our company, and to take responsibility for letting us know when you see things that we can do better, individually and together.
• Develop interview questions with aid of Narativ supervisor, to discover how Narativ clients are using the Narativ method in their lives and work.
• Interview previous Narativ clients via email and/or phone conversations to discover how Narativ clients are using the Narativ method in their lives and work
• Analyze and present ﬁndings clearly, translate ﬁndings to articles that can be shared with the public
Marketing + Social Networking + PR outreach
• Research storytelling in the press and media, keeping a database of the latest developments in storytelling
• Engage in social media listening: search for what is already being said about storytelling and listening on social media platforms, engage authors and develop connections
• Update Facebook + Twitter + Linkedin accounts with Narativ events and what is being written about storytelling/listening in the world
• Provide support in creation of new marketing tools (postcards, ﬂyers, PDFs)
• Take detailed minutes in Narativ meetings for business development
• Collaborate with Narativ management to curate Narativ weekly digest of work done by each Narativ member
• Communicate with appropriate Narativ members to help curate Narativ monthly newsletter to be sent to clients and contacts
• Develop article topics on storytelling and listening based off of what is of interest in online news. This can also include opportunities to write and publish articles with Narativ.
Administration and Operations
• Facilitate in transferring client database from old online management system, constant contact, to new online management system, mailchimp. Previous experience with either interface not required, however, being comfortable with using new programs is desired.
• Organize Narativ’s vimeo.com account of ﬁlmed stories
• Data entry – input client information and reﬂection forms into Google docs and appropriate databases
• Web maintenance: some knowledge of WordPress is helpful but not required. You will be trained. Needs are to update and maintain the website, ensuring that all links work and are updated regularly.
• Narativ workshops and classes: assist with the preparation of workshops and Narativ’s range of classes, this involves data entry, printing materials, coordinating with workshop sites, downloading audio ﬁles amongst other duties
• Administrative tasks as needed to support business development, operations and growth.
• Ofﬁce Management: Maintain an orderly space, ﬁling of documents, invoicing etc.
Stipend of $100/week + meals.
Participation in Narativ workshops and classes as they relate to your school curriculum.
Beginning immediately. Review agreement every month for the ﬁrst 3 months, then every 3 months thereafter.
Interested candidates may contact Jerome Deroy at firstname.lastname@example.org.