Better Future Project is proud to announce the second season of our Climate Justice Fellowship Program — the Summer Fellowship! Get in-depth training and hands-on experience on climate justice movement building and campaigning in Massachusetts.
- Spend your summer from June 5th – August 11th fighting for climate justice in the greater Boston area with the grassroots climate network 350 Mass for a Better Future
- To kick-off the summer, fellows will attend a fun and fierce week-long training that will dive deep into community organizing skills, campaign strategy, facilitation, anti-oppression and more.
- Fellows will then spend the next nine weeks working directly on 350 Mass for a Better Future campaigns with community activists while receiving weekly coaching support from the Better Future Project staff.
- The summer will culminate in the planning and execution of an exciting, large-scale nonviolent action.
- Fellows are expected to work 24 hours, or 3 days per week, out of the Better Future Project office at the Democracy Center (next to Harvard Square, Cambridge).
- Fellows will be paid a base stipend of $1,000 for the summer for local travel and food, with additional funds available based on need.
- Fellows will be trained in movement fundraising and asked to help fundraise for the program.
- 350 Mass Campaign Strategy Summit: we’re asking accepted fellows who are available to attend a 350 Mass Campaign Strategy summit in mid-April to get oriented with the 350 Mass grassroots network and their campaigns. This is not a requirement but is highly encouraged.
- Participants will be strongly encouraged to stay on as fellows through the school year to continue receiving coaching support from Better Future Project and maintain relationships with the 350 Mass network.
Who We’re Looking For:
- The Summer Fellowship is for dedicated student climate organizers who want to grow their organizing skills, deepen their commitment to climate justice, and cultivate connections with other students climate activists across New England, as well as community climate activists working in the 350 Mass network and other allied groups.
- We are looking for young leaders who are passionate about grassroots social movements and their ability to create lasting, powerful change.
- The 350 Mass network is kindly offering to host fellows for the summer. If you are in need of housing, we will try to place you (for free) with a 350 Mass activist living in the greater Boston area.
- Priority application deadline: March 18th, 2016
- 350 Mass Campaign Summit: April 9th (not mandatory)
- Final application deadline: April 15th, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: Rolling. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will be notified.
- Kick-off training retreat: June 5th – June 10th, 2016
- Program debrief: August 9th – August 11th, 2016
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis – meaning that if you apply early, you might get an acceptance early, so don’t wait to apply. Apply today!
Please do not hesitate to contact the Campus Organizer, Alyssa Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on the program, financial assistance,application form or other support!