Overland Information Session: Monday, October 17 at 7pm, Usdan 110
Learn about becoming a leader of domestic or international Overland student programs this summer.
- Ten days of staff training in mid-June, followed by six weeks co-leading or supporting programs (ending August 7, 2017).
- Small student groups, carefully-crafted programs and a strong community of leaders.
- Salary plus paid travel and covered expenses.
For over 30 years, Overland has offered 4th-12th grade students the opportunity to explore the world on service, hiking, biking, language, and leadership trips. Leaders describe Overland as the most challenging and satisfying work experience they have ever had.
Apply to lead biking, hiking, leadership, language, writing, service and field studies programs with Overland. To learn more, read the full job description.
Their online application takes about an hour to complete. You will need a resume and contact information for three references. They hope to be in touch with candidates within two weeks of receiving the complete application to discuss next steps. They conduct interviews from December through March and will be in touch with you about that process if you are selected as a finalist.
Applications may be submitted on a rolling basis, with deadlines on:
- December 5, 2016
- January 9, 2017
- April 10, 2017
Dates of Employment:
- Leader training for all staff begins in mid-June in Williamstown, Massachusetts.
- Most leaders will finish in Williamstown on Monday, August 7, 2017.
Leader Compensation Includes:
- Salary ($1800 for first year leaders)
- All Program Expenses (including transportation from Williamstown to the trip start location and back at trip end)
- Access to ProDeals through Promotive and Outdoor Prolink and discounts on Trek and Surly bikes
- Partial reimbursements for CPR and first aid certifications and travel expenses to and from Williamstown